Heyn Limited (company number NI634050) having its registered office at 1 Corry Place, Belfast Harbour, Belfast BT3 9AH ("Heyn
" and "us
") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, the data controller for all Heyn group companies is Heyn Ltd (company number NI634050).
Please note: data will only be processed where consent has been given.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
2.1. Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by otherwise engaging or corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, including in relation to purchasing products and services from us. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, search for a product or service, place an order on our website, make an enquiry, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our website.
The information you give us may include :
- your name
- e-mail address
- phone number
- financial and credit card information.
Please note: financial and credit card information is not held on our servers or processed on our website. We use SagePay and Paypal for all payments and no employee within our organisation has access to your complete financial information.
2.2. Information we collect about you:
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
2.3. Information we receive from other sources.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
4. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
4.1. Information you give to us.
If consent is provided, we will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about where you have consented for us to do so;
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way for marketing purposes we will not do so.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
4.2. Information we collect about you
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis and testing.
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we or our affiliates serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
4.3. Information we receive from other sources
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or services that may interest you where you have consented for us to do so.
. We may use this information only to provide an agreed service to the customer providing consent has been given.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Subject to our legal obligations of confidentiality set out in paragraph 1 above, we may share your information as follows:
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We will only do so where a legitimate business purpose exists.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website only.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets to facilitate the sell and delivery.
- If Heyn or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
6. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Where you have otherwise consented to disclosure.
All personal data that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted on Sageapy or Paypal. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We take protecting your personal information seriously and are continuously developing our security systems and processes. Some of the controls we have in place are:
- We limit physical access to our buildings and user access to our systems to only those that we believe are entitled to be there;
- We use technology controls for our information systems, such as firewalls, user verification, strong data encryption, and separation of roles, systems & data;
- Systems are proactively monitored through a “detect and respond” information security function;
- We utilize industry “good practice” standards to support the maintenance of a robust information security management system; and
We enforce a “need to know” policy, for access to any data or systems.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
Your rights in relation to personal information we process include:
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information
- the right to be forgotten
- the right of data portability
- the right to object to our use of your personal information
. Here you can manage your subscriptions and opt out of an unwanted marketing.
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The General Data Protection Regulations 2018 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Kim Chalmers – Marketing Executive
Heyn Handling Solutions, 1 Corry Place, Belfast BT3 9AH